Knowledge and passion for Delaware History is a plus! Experience or education in historical research, can be helpful, although not required.
Select museum and facility sites throughout the state of Delaware.
We will work as best as we can to accommodate the volunteer’s schedule, however our schedule is limited to the time in which our facilities are opened, staffed, and operating. Please check with the Volunteer Services Coordinator for specific hours of operation.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Aide the onsite staff with research, sometimes requiring the use of a computer system.
- Follow procedures and protocol.
- Ability to meet and follow deadlines.
- Stay informed about services, schedule, and activities.
- Assist with special projects and or events.
- Other opportunities which have been discussed, assigned, and agreed upon between the volunteer and the site supervisor.
Any volunteer sixteen (16) years of age or under must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the volunteer project. All potential volunteers are required to complete a volunteer application.
Volunteers will report to the on site supervisor and to the Volunteer Services Coordinator.
Active volunteers are invited to attend an annual recognition event in which individuals will be recognized for the valuable work and contribution. Recognition items and certificated will be awarded based on hours contributed throughout the year.
The majority of this work is indoors, and may require work on a computer for long periods of time. All administrative facilities are temperature controlled.