Built in 1791, the Old State House served as Delaware’s capitol during the United States’ critical early years as a nation. With additions and modifications, the building continued to serve as the state capitol until 1933.
The museum is open to the public and admission is free. Donations are appreciated.
Free, but limited, street parking is available in front of, and around, the State House
The first floor of the State House is accessible to people with disabilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Touring the Old State House
Tours take place throughout normal operating hours. However, large groups that are interested in attending a tour must make reservations in advance by calling the First State Heritage Park Reservation Line at (302) 739-9194. List of available Group Tours.
25 The Green
Dover, DE 19901
Phone: (302) 744-5054
Group tour reservations: (302) 739-9194