Public workshops seek input for the design of an interpretive plan for the Cooch’s Bridge Historic Site. More Info
The First State Heritage Park Welcome Center and Galleries serves as an entrance portal to Delaware’s state capital and the historic city of Dover. Located in the Delaware Public Archives building adjacent to Legislative Hall, the welcome center is ideally situated for auto-borne visitation with easy highway access and plentiful parking. Amenities include exhibits and extensive information on local and statewide attractions, events and activities.
The welcome center is the hub for the First State Heritage Park, Delaware’s first urban “park without boundaries” linking historic and cultural sites in the city that has been the seat of state government since 1777. The park is a partnership of the Delaware Public Archives, the Division of Historical and Cultural Affairs, and other state and city agencies under the leadership of Delaware State Parks.
Hours of Operation
The welcome center is open on certain holidays in conjunction with the First State Heritage Park; please call to confirm.
Please be advised that hours of operation are for welcome center operations only. The Delaware Public Archives maintains a separate schedule.
Groups that are interested in attending a non-scheduled tour must make reservations in advance by calling 302-739-9194.
Free and open to the public. Donations are accepted.
Ample, free parking is available. Accommodations for buses also available.
The welcome center is fully accessible to people with disabilities.