We are looking for volunteers who work well within a team and have an interest and/or knowledge or skills in basic gardening, ornamental horticulture, or general plant-related topics. Experience or education in horticulture is a plus! This opportunity may also suitable for groups!
We will work as best as we can to accommodate the volunteer’s schedule, however our schedule is limited to the time in which horticulture assignments need to be completed, our sites’ operating hours, and may be dependent on the weather conditions.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Assist with grounds care, including pruning, planting, mulching, and overall plant maintenance.
- Water and weed landscaped areas.
- Prune small trees and shrubs to maintain size.
- Provide support in our greenhouse.
- Assist in landscape construction and development.
- Identification and removal of invasive species.
- Other opportunities which have been discussed, assigned, and agreed upon between the volunteer and the site supervisor.
Any volunteer sixteen (16) years of age or under must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the volunteer project. All potential volunteers are required to complete a volunteer application.
Volunteers will report to the on site supervisor and to the Volunteer Services Coordinator.
Develop horticulture skills while gaining hands-on experience!
This volunteer opportunity may require kneeling, lifting materials, and working outdoors during all weather conditions. Volunteers will be provided with supplies and equipment necessary to complete the project assigned. Projects may require the use of gardening tools, and if so, volunteers will be trained on any equipment which may be unfamiliar.