Event Assistant Position
Interested individuals should be reliable and punctual, have good communication and interpersonal skills, take directions well, complete projects with accuracy, flexible in job assignments, and willing to learn.
We will work as best as we can to accommodate the volunteer’s schedule, however our schedule is limited to the time in which sites and facilities are operating, and on the Division’s schedule of Special Events. Volunteers will be scheduled on an “as needed” basis.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Aide the onsite staff.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding guest information.
- May require use of a computer, telephone system, scanner, fax, and/or shredder.
- Perform duties and report procedures in a timely manner.
- Help with set up, break down, and clean up of Special Events.
- Greet and welcome guests; provide guest assistance.
- Other opportunities which have been discussed, assigned, and agreed upon between the volunteer and the site supervisor.
All potential volunteers are required to complete a volunteer application.
Volunteers will report to the on site supervisor and to the Volunteer Services Coordinator.
Opportunity to develop customer service skills!
The majority of this work is indoors, however outdoor help may be needed. Assistance for Special Events may include moderate lifting and carrying, and use of household appliances/equipment.