Interested individuals should be reliable and punctual, have good communication and interpersonal skills, take directions well, complete projects with accuracy, flexible in job assignments, and willing to learn. Knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel is helpful!
Various sites throughout the state of Delaware, including our Division’s Administrative Office and our museum sites.
We will work as best as we can to accommodate the volunteer’s schedule; however our schedule is limited to the time in which sites and facilities are operating. Please check with the Volunteer Services Coordinator for specific hours of operation.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Aid the on-site staff.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding information.
- May require use of a computer, telephone system, scanner, fax, and/or shredder.
- Perform duties and report procedures in a timely manner, sometimes by set deadlines.
- General data entry duties, depending on skills of volunteer.
- Maintain variety of files and their updates in an organized manner.
- Help coordinate Special Events at museum sites.
- Other opportunities which have been discussed, assigned, and agreed upon between the volunteer and the site supervisor.
Any volunteer sixteen (16) years of age or under must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the volunteer project. All potential volunteers are required to complete a volunteer application.
Volunteers will report to the on-site supervisor and to the Volunteer Services Coordinator.
The majority of this work is indoors, and may require work on a computer for long periods of time. All administrative facilities are temperature controlled.