Division’s museums now open for self-guided tours by appointment More Info

Delaware.gov logo

Division of Historical & Cultural Affairs Logo


Listen to this page using ReadSpeaker

 Pages Tagged With: "delawarehistory"

Staff changes

James Scott promoted; Vicki Macklin and Don DeLoach join the agency




Rehabilitation of keeper’s house set to begin at Fenwick Island Lighthouse

Work will begin this spring and continue into the summer of 2018.




“Blood Diamond: The Murder of Ebe Lynch” at Lewes, Del.’s Zwaanendael Museum on April 21, 2018

Theatrical murder-mystery based on an actual incident that took place in 1916 in Lewes.




Buena Vista Spring Open House on Saturday, April 7, 2018

Guests are encouraged to bring their cameras to capture the awakening of spring at one of Delaware’s most historic properties.




Division architectural historian Kara Briggs completes historic-preservation fellowship

ARCUS Professional Fellowships strengthen the skills of emerging leaders in the cultural heritage and historic preservation movement.




The man who talked to birds

Charles Kellogg was a conservationist and Victor recording artist.




Gov. Carney signs Abandoned Cultural Property Act

Law allows Delaware museums to establish title to property that has been donated or left with them after a loan period has terminated and the lender could not be found.




Division to replace New Castle Academy roof

Improvements slated to begin in the spring of 2018.




Division notes passing of former director John R. Kern

Historian and preservationist served as the division’s director between 1984 and 1988.




Division to sponsor 16 special events during April 2018

Highlights include programs on Delaware’s Dutch heritage, Buena Vista’s First Annual Spring Open House and The Old State House’s Coffee-Hour Lecture Series.





+