HCA Individual Volunteer Application
Please make sure you read, understand, and agree with the Division of Historical & Cultural Affairs Individual Volunteer Policy before filling out & submitting this form.
- Volunteers perform service without compensation and are not considered employees of the state of delaware. The division of historical and cultural affairs (henceforth referred to as HCA) does not provide worker’s compensation or any other insurance coverage for volunteers. As a volunteer i will not attempt work that is beyond my abilities or for which i have not been assigned, trained, or authorized.
- I understand that photographs may be taken at special events, and these photographs may be utilized in future publications, promotional materials, and exhibits.
- HCA cannot guarantee volunteer placement. HCA will, however, make every effort to match volunteer applicants to volunteer opportunities based on the needs of the division and the interests and abilities of the volunteer.
- HCA employs a screening process for all volunteers based on the nature of the volunteer work and involvement level of the participant.
- Acceptance as a volunteer is contingent upon successful completion at all levels of screening.
- By signing this application, i hereby authorize HCA to conduct a reference check from the three (3) references listed above, in connection with my application as a volunteer within this division.
- HCA reserves the right to reject a candidate for any reason which HCA, in its sole judgment, determines may affect the best interests of HCA. HCA reserves the right to withhold the reason(s) for such refusal.
- HCA accepts the service of all volunteers with the understanding that such service is at the sole discretion of HCA. Volunteers agree that HCA may at any time, for any reason, decide to terminate the volunteer’s relationship with HCA or to make changes in the nature of the volunteer assignment.
- A volunteer agreement form defining the volunteer’s project(s) and commitment(s) must be signed by the volunteer and submitted to the division’s volunteer services office prior to the onset of service.
- The volunteer may at any time, for any reason, decide to sever the relationship with HCA. Notice of such decision needs to be communicated as soon as possible to the division’s volunteer services coordinator(s).
- Any volunteer sixteen (16) years of age and under, must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the full duration of the volunteer project.