Join the Friends of Prince George’s Chapel for a free tour of this Dagsboro-based museum.

According to the Town of Dagsboro, the Prince George’s Chapel’s most striking feature is its barrel-vaulted ceiling of natural heart-of-pine planks. The Chapel, built in 1755, began as an Anglican chapel-of-ease serving the outlying area of Worcester Parish, Maryland. Following the American Revolution, the chapel became an independent parish church in the diocese of Delaware. The state of Delaware acquired the property in 1967, and restored and reopened it as one of the state’s historic museums.

The Friends are a volunteer-based nonprofit tasked with preserving and maintaining the historic property. The chapel is available for special events for a fee. The Chapel will be open from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. on the fourth Sunday of each month April through October for free tours. Prince George’s Chapel is located at 32040 Chapel Lane in Dagsboro.

For more information about the tours, go to