Tammy Dayton leaves division employment
On July 16, 2021, the Delaware Division of Historical and Cultural Affairs bid farewell to Accounting Specialist Tammy Dayton who has accepted a promotion to the position of accountant within the Division of Motor Vehicles.
Commenting on Dayton’s service to the Division of Historical and Cultural Affairs, Director Tim Slavin noted that “Tammy has been a steadying force for us … . Her contributions to our successes have been many and we will miss having her as part of our team.”
A lifetime resident of Kent County, Del., Dayton began working for the division in February 2007 as a casual/seasonal project assistant working at the agency’s main office at 21 The Green in Dover. In October 2007, she advanced to the position of administrative specialist and, for nearly 10 years thereafter, worked as an integral member of the division’s Business Administration Team which provides a fiscal and administrative support-network that is the foundation for all of the agency’s activities. As a result of the “on-the-job training” that she received from the team, she was named an accounting specialist in 2017.
Following are just a few of Dayton’s achievements during her tenure with the division:
- Recipient of the agency’s Extra Mile Award for her administrative efforts during the process of hiring of new employees
- Worked with the Business Administration Team in the implementation of paperless accounting and the transition to the new First State Financial System
- Assumed responsibility for processing of billing for the Buena Vista Conference Center
- Assisted in the development of the agency’s disaster-preparedness plan
- Served on the Community Engagement Committee
In addition to her state-government career, Dayton works as a school-bus driver with, at present, 21 years of experience, and as a part-time cashier at Walmart, as well as service as the vice president of Women’s Delaware 500 Club, a bowlers association.
Dayton’s colleagues bid her bon voyage with a farewell gathering at the division’s main office on July 15, 2021.