HCA Group Volunteers Application
Please make sure you read, understand, and agree with the Division of Historical & Cultural Affairs Group Volunteer Policy before filling out & submitting this form.
- Volunteers perform service without compensation and are not considered employees of the state of delaware. The division of Historical and Cultural Affairs (henceforth referred to as HCA) does not provide worker's compensation or any other insurance coverage for volunteers. As a volunteer group, we will not attempt work that is beyond our abilities or for which we have not been assigned, trained, or authorized.
- We understand that photographs may be taken at special events, and these photographs may be utilized in future publications, promotional materials, and exhibits.
- HCA cannot guarantee volunteer placement. HCA will, however, make every effort to match volunteer group applicants to volunteer opportunities based on the needs of the division and the interests and abilities of the volunteer group.
- HCA employs a screening process for all volunteer groups based on the nature of the volunteer work and involvement level of the participant.
- acceptance as a volunteer group is contingent upon successful completion at all levels of screening.
- HCA reserves the right to reject a candidate for any reason which HCA, in its sole judgment, determines may affect the best interests of HCA. HCA reserves the right to withhold the reason(s) for such refusal.
- HCA accepts the service of all volunteers with the understanding that such service is at the sole discretion of HCA. Volunteers agree that HCA may at any time, for any reason, decide to terminate the volunteer's relationship with HCA or to make changes in the nature of the volunteer assignment.
- Volunteer groups must identify a "Group Leader" who is a responsible adult at least twenty-one (21) years of age prior to the onset of service. The "Group Leader" will serve as the individual responsible for the safety and well- being of all group members.
- A group volunteer agreement form defining the volunteer project(s) and commitment(s) must be signed by the "Group Leader" and submitted to the division's volunteer services office prior to the onset of service.
- The "Group Leader" agrees to:
- 1. Take appropriate measures for gaining parental consent for all members of the group under the age of eighteen (18) prior to arriving on site for volunteer project. These such signed parental consent forms must be in the possession of the "Group Leader" at all times during the volunteer project.
- 2. Take appropriate measures for attaining an emergency form for all members of the group under the age of eighteen (18) prior to arriving on site for volunteer project.These such emergency forms must be in the possession of the "Group Leader" at all times during the volunteer project.
- 3. Provide coordination and supervision for group while volunteering.If there are members of the group under the age of eighteen (18), it is HCA policy that there is a ratio, for the duration of the volunteer project, of one (1) adult, at least twenty-one (21) years of age, for every eight (8) members under the age of eighteen (18).
- 4. Ensure all members adhere to HCA's rules, regulations, and procedures for the duration of the volunteer project.
- The volunteer group may at any time, for any reason, decide to sever the group's relationship with HCA. Notice of such decision needs to be communicated as soon as possible to the division"s volunteer services coordinator(s).